Saturday, June 15, 2019

alone with tears




…even though i practice resting my mind, resting my heart,

even though i exercise deep breathing to calm my soul

moments still arise where i feel an emptiness, a void

within that causes me lachrymal despair



i sit still and quiet at the rooted feet of my pink blossom tree

and stare at the daisy that also stands alone and still, before me,

at the iris that sways in the breeze, the little chipmunk scurrying 

about aloof but joyful, and yet sometimes i feel alone, lonely



my heart hurts for those i know that are living with a love

one who have been prognosed with an insidious and evil

infirmity and they feel helpless to relieve the angst, the

pain, and i'm reminded, of my own mortality



i hear the whistling whispers of the breeze blowing through

the limbs that hover over me and the occasional call from

the Cardinal that is perched above me harkening its mate

and so i smile but behind the smile are still the tears



i try to recall the moments of joy in my life, the love that

has found my heart, the spirit in the verve of life, yet, still

i lament in my mind and my soul wishes to purge, so i sit

at the base of my tree and i think i hear it crying with me…


1 comment:

  1. I do think the tree shares your tears - for suffering humans, for suffering wildlife on land and sea, for what we have done to the world. It is very hard to accompany a loved one through a terrible illness. I know that behind your smiles are tears. How could there not be? Thinking of you, my friend. Glad you have a tree, a squirrel and irises to comfort you.

    ReplyDelete