Monday, April 29, 2019

Avril's bittersweet


wishing that she sees only

the calm of love in mine eyes

and not the tears behind this

smile



bittersweet, this week as we celebrated

the day ‘mamasita’ gave birth to me

but on this day, also, a few years back

she passed away



yesterday, my heart was swallowed into

an abyss of sadness when our oncologist

told my love, my wife, that we now have a

battle in our hands



but i shall harken that smile upon my face

and lay upon her kisses and a warm embrace

yet alone, in silence, my tears will flow

1 comment:

  1. Oh my friend, I am sorry. I have been wondering how she is doing. I well know the brave encouraging smile and the hidden tears. She will need your arms and your comfort now. I will be thinking of you both. So sad, too, that you lost your Mamasita near your birthday. I feel like I know her, from the interviews you and I did about her, and the photos.

    ReplyDelete