Sunday, September 16, 2018

remember my song

when i depart from this Earthly sojourn
will you remember me for the words i wrote
those which i spoke and that which i did,
for those who i chose to walk beside that
shared a common tone and some that didn’t,
the hugs and embraces, the gift of friendship?

shall my legacy withstand the scrutiny of your
memory of me whilst we became disheartened
with each other’s unfulfilled expectations, then
yielding angered words flung at each other
or will you remember the hearty laughs we
shared, the quiet tears and subtle smiles?

will you remember the music that i played on
my guitar, the songs i sang for me and for you,
the dances we danced, the holding of hands when
we walked along the river’s bend and sandy beeches
between our toes until the crimson Sun laid down 
to rest in the horizon, the Moon then smiled at us?

i know that wherever my soul resides in its next
abode and if by chance it maintains the mundane
spirit of memory, it will remember all this but
most of all it will recall that we bathed each other
in Love. soon our souls will be as one, again


marellano

No comments:

Post a Comment