Tuesday, September 11, 2018

heart versus soul

sometimes i feel the strife within
as too much of a struggle
theirs an anguish of disconcerting
and of disenchantment

i try to see good but mine eyes at this
moment can only see a fog or of nebulous
at best squelching my inspiration and
desire to find joy

not self pity but a recognition of my
occasional descending state of mind
into a space without light, unable to feel
my way even with arms stretched out

so empty is that sense when wanting love’s
presence and it seems to be beyond my grasp
when once i thought I saw its glow, my heart
followed the light only to find a void

i think the soul, not being of this world,
does not understand this heart’s mundane
grief and pain and asks the question……….
‘you wish for me to leave or stay another day?’


No comments:

Post a Comment