Saturday, November 21, 2015

how dare you interrupt


how dare you smile at me
cause me curiosity
tease my heart like a test
take my hand without request
upon your cheek i’d leave a kiss
when you don’t see me
i sigh in comforted bliss

how dare you look up at me
with those puppy eyes
ask of me to share
love without condition,
place your paw upon my knee
to stroke the softness of your hair
as you lay your head
upon the heart of me

and mamasita, how dare to fill me
with memories of how you cared
you placed upon my shoulders
a blanket and a warm embrace
you changed my diaper
and combed my hair,
when some called me names
you’d wipe my tears of despair
for the many that did not care

how dare you interrupt me
depleting my lungs of breath,
speeding a rush of blood
through me and to my head,
my heart palpitates in a race,
not to drown in life but to tread

how dare you interrupt me with love  



this is what ‘thanksgiving’ is to me: my wife, mi mamasita, my pups jaz and jules (i miss you so much), to  friends who are still by my side and those who have departed but at one moment in time we shared hearts




 

19 comments:

  1. When we reached a stage so we cannot bear to be interrupted by love... Maybe we should let us be interrupted.. The use of repetition works so well here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i enjoy your writing. you inspire thought. the repetition here was intentional because all of us could go on and on about such a welcoming interruption. gracias for stopping by

      Delete
  2. I dig this poem sir. You've got some good ones reaching out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the heart hurts with this much love, right, mi amigo? I so know the feeling. I especially love the part about Jaz and I so know how much you miss your little man, Jules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. and your Mamasita, of course. I feel like I know her, since that interview did about her and her little boy. Smiles.

      Delete
  4. Thank God for those who dare! You honor them with your words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just in sharing words we dare. gracias, i'm thankful for those who dare

      Delete
  5. Bravo! I am so happy you dared to write this~ It is wonderful and so, much love is woven into your words~ I am in awe..I think it should be a song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ella, you are so kind. if we can all just pass this on, the caring.
      may your day of thanks extend beyond. may you have enough
      gracias for visiting

      Delete
  6. I love the word "mamacita" popping up in the middle of the poem. And your blog is gorgeous. So pleasurable to look at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is my pleasure to have visits from some who 'dare'. gracias for your kind words, they too are pleasurable to look at

      Delete