Friday, November 21, 2014

listen in the dark


listen in the dark
the sounds of the day
have gone astray
but the noise still resides

you can hear the days voices
the sound of trees
crackling in the cold
the wind playing
whistling in its space

stand in the dark and
let the smells of the day
the melting of snow on grass
and your wet flannel shirt

your eyes needn’t be closed
you can see the gray of sky
tiny green of thriving buds
on trees and the crimson russet
leaves fallen piercing through
the white of snow on the ground

in the dark I can hear her heart
beat to the rhythm when she
stands beside me closely, feel her
femininity, smell her freshly washed hair
and if i’m lucky, i can see the
flickering of stars not by peering upward
but into the reflection of her eyes

if you listen in the dark
you can re-live the day

13 comments:

  1. beautiful. i'm liking your uplifting poetry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So incredibly beautiful. Especially seeing the stars in her eyes. Your wife is a well loved woman!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gracias, mi amiga. you know about that reflection in the eyes. most are luckier than others. have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the way you have described your scenes by relying on sensory images. It all came very much alive for me as I read the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially love the way to see the stars in your lovers eyes.. so important when they are shrouded in clouds up above.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually like gray days. Being someone who lives with a mood disorder, the gray sky says to me "it's okay to be the way you are."
    This is a beautiful poem, very soothing.
    http://poetryofthenetherworld.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-flower-of-my-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right around that flannel shirt this poem came alive for me and I loved each sensual detail. The shirt is a surprise that works like a hook. Very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had a really crap day but you're making me rethink it . . . thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sun of nature in winter. What a lovely sound!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so calm and pretty. love your song for the winter.

    also am loving your new blog layout. very nice!

    ReplyDelete