Thursday, November 21, 2013

Smile with the moon


the soft white face of the moon
smiles as it rides with its finger like
light rays atop the white caps of
the winter’s breath rolling in

this I always miss when my
eyes close at night yet if its
the last vision they see somehow
its displayed in the background
of my dreams

when my eyes begin to open
after my nights sojourn
the moon begins to smile
welcoming its friend the sun
of whom it shares the glow
from its golden apron

sometimes I wonder if when
my eyes shall close for eternity
will they share the light
of the suns warm gold and 
share a smile with the soft white moon

3 comments:

  1. Oh such lovely musings! I love the sun's golden apron, and the wonderings about sharing their light after our passing.......sigh. Beautiful, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was seeing that full moon last night and seeing it up early in dawn ~ Lovely writing my friend ~

    ReplyDelete