Wednesday, July 20, 2011

'M' is for

My eyes closed last night
but still could see
shadows cast
from the day before

Misty light cast upon
the swollen cheeks
distended bellies
tears crust on little faces

My body lays upon
a warm mattress
my belly is full
and sate

My pains and aches
incomparable
to those tiny swollen feet
and the rash
urine soaked shorts

Mom has passed
giving up her food to them
but soon they will
once again hold her hand
smile down upon
an uncaring world

Maybe the tears
that fill my eyes
will blur
the shadows cast
and I shall sleep

5 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think my heart will just break reading your poems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think children and animals should be exempt from all suffering, but of course they are not.

    I liked what you said about Lolamouse's yoga instructor, so I had to come see who said that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Fireblossom. I visited your blogs and they're wonderful. hope you don't mind if i tour every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lolamouse, I just try to remind everyone that diversifying and exercising the various emotions is much like the physical exercises (PX90). We can go into many sights and sate our hearts and souls with the wonderful yet we must never not be cognizant of what 'real' world exist around our little insulated one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sensitively said. I like how this poem explores both the self, and perception of others...

    ReplyDelete