Saturday, February 26, 2011

Feet Raised

The path I walk
my footsteps now are soft
when once they’d stomp
wanting all to here me come
they now step gently
Quietly

They used to run
the legs were strong
in naked feet
unnerved by jagged stones

Faster and faster
they’d run past
much of what now
I wish I’d stopped to see

Slowly they now stroll
callused, some broken toes
carrying weight
that once was light like snow

They used to play and jump
sharing life’s playground
with friends and sibling’s feet
now on this path
they walk alone

When once these feet
sped for miles
now only walk short trails
then rest with bottoms
raised so the pain might wane
sitting, sadly only watching now,
my lifelong bane

3 comments:

  1. I know of what you speak. You express it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lolamouse. Side note: What's positive about 2012(The Mayan Calendar) is that it gathers all to consider our Human brotherhood with a common destiny. Aging is no longer a factor and the choice. to Love, will give us strength.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful words! I do try to tread lightly on the earth and those around me... and to spread love because it builds strength.:-) thanks for visiting my blog!!

    ReplyDelete