Thursday, April 17, 2014

Holy Day a holiday


my eyes open to the day
a vision of the sun awakens me
but even if it were a morning
of rain and grey
my eyes did open
truly a Holy Day

a soft, a heavenly coo from my
open window comes
a turtle dove, I think,
a pastoral sound of peace it brings
blessed I am, that my ears this morning hear
truly a Holy Day

and when my arms raise
my legs lift me from
a supine nighttime of dreams
that I can walk
and my voice can sing
today I celebrate
making this
a holiday
 

 

*for Susan at Poets United

12 comments:

  1. Great outlook... and yes, each day is a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely..it is up to us to make our days significant and meaningful ..a celebration

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautifully you put it! Holy can be as simple as opening eyes, hearing the day, and moving. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you..every day is precious as we enjoy living in a simple manner..every day is a holy day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you, every day we can ind reasons to celebrate and make the day a Holy Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A truly lovely take on the topic! And I like the thought of a holy day the way you've described it! *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that the turtle dove and being able to "arise and walk" make this a holy day and I am so on the same page!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indeed, every day is holy, a day to celebrate ourselves. Beautiful thoughts.

    ReplyDelete