Wednesday, August 3, 2016

death has not been kind

death, has not been kind to me lately
its darkness has invaded my space,
all the chambers of my heart
and the once silken nebulae of my soul

death, its solemn has stolen my smile
taken the Sun away in those moments
when i needed light and warmth and
my breath without labor

death takes the song that once inspired verve
now struggles to find the tune
harmony has given way to dissonance
treble has found a home in the base clef

when once the Sun’s golden hand touched my eyes
and an aviary of life would lift my spirit
in the morning’s awakening loft, now a
dredge prevents my soul to rise

death is, incessant tears leaving folded paths
about my cheeks on unwanted wrinkles
of my face from unmitigated sadness, within,
filling the caverns and crevices in all of me

the eagle within now perched to rest
awaits the sunlight to replace 
the gray of death and it will once again
soar while the call of the wolf’s howl shall
praise the day and at night watch the moon
beams kiss the sea 

17 comments:

  1. The loss of song, or singing when
    "harmony has given way to dissonance
    treble has found a home in the base clef"
    is a deep way of describing grief. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a reality. pain and sadness are consequences of loss. it is dark in most cases but it is a part of life. gracias for visiting susan !

      Delete
  2. Death scares me but it has been kind to my father, mother, sister, aunts, uncles and pets who were just as loved. It was they who were strong and my weakness still remains. I get my strength from a great wife and loving friends and the love of animals. The sun bring warmth and a hope that death will be kind to me someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. death is, incessant tears leaving folded paths..

    Such a powerful and poignant image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been to the space, could feel your heartfelt words....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can feel the depth of grief in these lines. I especially like the ones Susan mentioned......beautiful, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can feel the loss and pain, this was beautifully written. Death does take the song away from a grieving heart, but one can hope a new melody will stir somewhere over the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A song with much pain and loss...and to this day, this song visits and stays until it is ready to leave.

    'death is, incessant tears leaving folded paths
    about my cheeks on unwanted wrinkles
    of my face from unmitigated sadness, within,
    filling the caverns and crevices in all of me'

    I felt these words to the pit of my being...hauntingly beautiful and sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very weighty piece, though its ultimately triumphant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So it is for me too, just now. You have said it most truly..

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a reminder death is do all that we can, love all who we care for and be thankful for all the gifts we have received.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful sad song. Death, we can't stop it, but we can own it at least the pain and the redemption.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful sad song. Death, we can't stop it, but we can own it at least the pain and the redemption.

    ReplyDelete
  13. O yes indeed

    " praise the day and watch the night
    once more"

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marco, would you please email me at wildwoman2@shaw.CA? I have a question for you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete