Wednesday, May 6, 2015

a moment with breath



i walk many a dawn until the dusk comes on

wondering what path now my steps may take

and what will these footings tell me

another sunrise ascends into the day and

another starry night and moon kissies mine eyes

aware that the translucence of light is now fuzzy

like light fusing through rain drops on eye lenses

objects farther than an arms length away are opaque

but still clearly i can hear the rustling about

as squirrels and chipmunks chase one another

and the robins, cardinals and sparrows sing to each other

and the scent of the cherry blossoms, red and yellow roses,

conifers and mint fill the air as my heart beats of joy

i sit on a bench in the presence of Nature’s gift

next to the love of my life as she holds my hand and although

without knowing of wherefore my next step shall avail 

 i embrace this; a moment with breath

11 comments:

  1. a beautiful poem with Natures delights...by the way, I think your link is not working @ Poets United Midweek Motif..you might try this link: http://nene-lifewhispers.blogspot.in/2015/05/a-moment-with-breath.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  2. To walk so accompanied by all of nature and experience, to sit like so, next to the love of your life--this is how we honor life and faith and receive an equal blessing. I adore this poem. It works whether the "I" is the inner thought of yourself or the one you sit near--whether the "I" is me or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, peaceful poem, full of courage and acceptance of what is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What trust is needed in order to put one foot in front of the other in blind faith of Life's Mystery is courageous and beautiful. Thank you for sharing this beautiful poem with me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those moments are blessed...if only more people could just sit in peace ind be thankful for what they have..not what they haven't

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so lovely - the scene painted so beautifully, the joyousness, and the hand holding. What could be more perfect than this moment?

    ReplyDelete
  7. the dusk, the starry night, the moon...you remind me of contemporary pablo neruda! this poem is a beautiful work of art.

    ReplyDelete